List Of Nursing Colleges In Johannesburg. Nursing is a superb profession anyone can be proud of. If you desire to become a nurse, you must pass through some very important training, and there are certain colleges and institutions accredited to do that.
In Johannesburg, you can get some nice nursing colleges to actualize your dreams. Here are they:
List Of Nursing Colleges In Johannesburg
Ann Latsky Nursing College
Address Of The Institution: 1 Plunkett Ave, Hurst Hill, Johannesburg, 2006, South Africa
Tel Contact: +27 11 644 8900
St Austins College
Address Of The Institution: 650 Louis Botha Ave, Kew, Johannesburg, 2090, South Africa
Tel Contact: +27 11 024 4273
Falcon Health Sciences
Address of The Institution: Office 501, Carlton Centre, 130 Main St, Marshalltown, Johannesburg, 2107, South Africa
Tel Contact: +27 11 038 6888
Khanyisa Nursing School
Address Of The Institution: 234 Donnelly St, Rosettenville, Johannesburg, 2190, South Africa
Tel Contact: +27 11 434 1241
Netcare Training Academy (N.T.A)
Address Of The Institution: 2 Bunting Rd, Auckland Park, Johannesburg, 2092, South Africa
Tel Contact: +27 11 628 7600
MPILO ROYAL COLLEGE (PTY) LTD
Address Of The Institution: 21 Kruis St, Marshalltown, Johannesburg, 2001, South Africa
Tel Contact: +27 11 402 2297
The University of Johannesburg, Department of Nursing Science
Tel: +27 11 559 4555
Nursing As A Career
According to Virginia Henderson, nursing is simply the assistance that is offered to a person (either the person is sick or in good health) in the performance of those activities adding to health, or even its recovery, and that the nurse will carry out the acts without waiting for assistance if he or she can.
So, one thing about nursing is that, just like certain other professions, it offers a human the chance to help other humans, and have a good impact on others. Of course, not all professions can boast about this. But nursing, since time immemorial, has to basically do with offering great care for a sick or injured person. Therefore, seeking a career in nursing is actually a dignified act.
It should also be added that Florence Nightingale is generally accepted to be the founder of modern, scientific and professional nursing. Born in 1820 to wealthy Italian parents, Florence did great stuff as a nurse before she died in 1910).
Although the Healthcare Sector is broad, nurses are always significant, and what they do can never be underestimated. Here are some importance of Nurses as far as the healthcare industry is concerned.
- They are usually the largest in the healthcare industry. Go to any country, and go to any hospital, you will always find out that there are more nurses than others (doctors, Lab Researchers, and so on).
- Indeed (and considering the first point up there), as far as the healthcare industry is concerned, Nursing is one of its major strong pillars. It is widely agreed that without the field, the industry won’t go as smoothly as it should.
- A Nurse is usually close to patients. It is possible that a doctor in a hospital might have no need of seeing certain patients for a day or two. Nevertheless, the patient must have contact with nurses each day. Almost every time, the nurses are usually with their patients. They tend and take care of the patients, and play a big role in the quick recovery of the patient.
- Nurses are a very vital link between the patients and the doctors. As pointed earlier, nurses are close to the patients, and they know a lot of things about them. They relay observations and information about the patients to the doctors and help the doctors to have a better insight into the present state of the health of the patient.
- Finally, while technology might have the capacity to replace some aspects of healthcare, it can’t replace nursing. Today, technology is doing a lot, and it is also changing a lot of things in the healthcare sector. Nevertheless, nurses have no worries, as patients require a physical human-human care/touch to ensure a quick recovery. So, the responsibility of a nurse can’t be given to a robot or something (the difference will always be clear).
In conclusion on the List Of Nursing Colleges In Johannesburg, nursing is a superb profession, and you should be happy with it.
- List Of Nursing Colleges In Cape Town
- List Of Nursing Colleges In Gauteng
- List Of FET Colleges In Gauteng
- List Of Public FET Colleges In South Africa
Tag: List Of Nursing Colleges In Johannesburg